There's something beautiful about driving the road at night.
A bit mesmerizing to see the quiet city lights,
much like candles burning in a dark room,
a bit like filling your lungs with cool air that never tasted so good.
You grip the the wheel, your music is loud, to drone out
or encourage thoughts and memories.
Where reality becomes a background to, well, your reality.
I had a memory surface tonight, as I drove home with familiarity,
of watching the city fade in my rearview mirror,
the city everlasting at the side.
I was taken back to summer...
I was taken back to freedom, to butterflies and jitters in my stomach,
to the edge of relaxation, and the height of happiness.
When you were new, and fresh, much like the air that poured through my window.
I could feel it tingle in my fingers.
I remember where I was, at the end of the highway with casino lights reflecting off my eyes.
Don't ever forget what a memory makes you feel like.
Don't ever let go of that jittery, tingling, butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling, Alexis.
That's the stuff that makes it all worth it. Renew and re-ignite.
Cherish and love.
God, how amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment