Sunday, March 21, 2010

As long as I can dream it

If I'm upset and crying,
he comes to me.
Looks at me, at first worried, then smiles
His fingers brush my tears away
He slowly pulls me into his chest so I can cry into it
I make an excuse.
He silences it with, "I love you"
I make an excuse.
He silences it with, "I love you"
I make an excuse.
He silences it with, "I love you"
I make an excuse.
He silences it with, "I love you"
Until finally I tell him I love him too.
Always...

I dream of a superhero.
One who is indestructable to my ammunition.
One who can break down my armor.
Who gives me strength.
Never tires.
Never gives up.

Something inhuman.

I sometimes wish you were inhuman so I wouldn't hurt you so much.
Delicate humanity, balanced on a pinpoint.

Be my hero. Even though I don't deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment