Friday, April 20, 2012

Some things are meant to stay forgotten.

Someone once told me that I am very sentimental. And while I don't always keep physical things from my past, I always, always keep the memories alive in one way or another. Which brings me to nights, of course nights, like tonight. There are so many doors and so many holes in my memories that I cannot recollect them all at once. Some things I want to forget forever because, well let's be honest, they still hurt. Doors that have once previously been closed are sub-consciously pried open by curiosity. Old feelings come rushing back. I go rushing back while people remain moving forward. We all have new lives it seems. I am now halfway through college and thinking about my life when I was halfway through high school. Silly isn't it? But still, it makes me wonder and reminisce. It makes me re-evaluate who I've become and why.

I suppose the moral of the story, once I've snapped myself into reality, is to fight for what you have now so they don't become lost like the others did. To love and keep loving them. I still miss you, all of you whom I've loved and lost (not all romantically of course). You're still forever a part of me, and I guess I have you to thank for teaching me how to keep the ones I've gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment