Saturday, September 5, 2009

These photos used to be black and white

Sometimes, you can't help it. Something triggers your memory, nothing signficant, which makes everything more significant to you at the moment.

When I think back, and look back at the pictures I have with my old friends, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness. I know I'm supposed to be where I'm at now, I know that things happen for a reason. But I kind of miss what I had before I had a reason not to be friends with them in the first place.

Things can never be the same. We're all on different paths. But, we all used to be on the same one. "Friends stay side by side" is what we said. And now? What has happened to us

I didn't know how to end that last phrase, I don't know if it's a question, or a statement, or whatever.

I guess I'd like to revisit those memories. Even though I know I can't. Some days are the days you wish you can. And others, you focus on moving forward with your life. I'm moving forward, voluntarily or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment