Sunday, September 27, 2009

This Isn't A Game

Somebody told me today, "People have certain, you know, needs. That's why people cheat. You say you won't now, and I'm not saying you will, but you could very well find yourself in that circumstance."

That's what everybody says. To exagerate things, it's like second degree murder. Not premeditated. But at the cost of somebody's life, and the lives of others. After it's done, something vital is lost, be it trust or the well being of someone's heart.

It made me slightly upset that I was told this. Maybe this person doesn't know me enough to understand not to generalize me. But, I've yet to experience a "normal" path thus far.

I've been in love exactly three times. And am head over heels, I swear it, in love with my third (I could throw in the cliche "third times the charm" saying because I believe in him - and in us - wholeheartedly). I've never felt so strongly about someone. I've never been with someone intimately without seeing anything less than love behind their eyes. Because to look into someones eyes with a fire that burned for nothing but lust and sex is actually very cold. Call me old fashioned. Call me an extremist. Call me naive. I don't care. I just think I should be respected for being firm on my beliefs, and I'm sorry if I realize the weight it would be to cheat on someone. To break someones heart when they've given you a sacred part of themselves.

We aren't all programmed to just fuck fuck fuck. That's disgusting. So to any cheating boys who have meaningless sex - keep your dick inside your fucking pants before you decided to cheat on your girlfriend and make the next months of her life a living hell. Same goes to the girls, keep your legs closed for God's sake.

If you love someone, you should cherish them. Cheating just because you want pleasure is form of instant gratification, which as everyone should know, is what this generation is obsessed with. Loving someone is so special that it sickens me to ever think I could hurt Jeremy like that. I can't imagine how I would feel either.

Yep, this was a long one (no pun intended), but I had to rant. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment