I could give you a play by play on the things I want to achieve in life.
It's so different from what other people want, not that I expected it to be the same or anything like that, but sitting in a car, off campus for lunch, with an ex-best friend who was lighting a joint, put some things into perspective.
I couldn't help it. I asked her if she was happy, she said she was completely happy doing drugs, that she didn't want to spend her money on anything else really (she asked me what the point was), and that she was okay with dying young because dying is a part of life.
Well, that's one way of looking at it. But, I'm not at the slightest bit satisfied with that answer, simply because that's not what I want for myself. Imagine the type of clean cut, moral, "take the high road" person I am. I was raised to set standards up for myself. And I'm not entirely sure what that means.
Then, the topic of serious relationships came up, and she said she just wanted someone who...well, wanted her. Nothing more, really. And again, I find myself not being okay with that. I love serious relationships. I love being with that one person, that special person who is unlike any other beautiful thing created on this Earth (Jesus Christ, is he beautiful to me...) I pour my devotion, passion, love, faith, knowledge, and everything into it, in the belief that my love will grow and prosper, and that the happiness will always remain to stay true.
I believe in Princes, Princesses, and happy endings.
And eventually in the future, I want a beautiful family. A husband who loves me unconditionally. A beautiful baby girl or boy. The house that needed our personal touch to make it into a home...
Don't get me wrong, this picture isn't for the now. But someday, when I'm ready, ready to give my whole world to the two most important people in it, I'll ask God to grant me these blessings. I want these things when I am capable of fufilling them to the greatest extent. I want it, when the time is right.
It's just a glimpse into the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment