Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In The Olden Days

These are a few blogs I've written from awhile back. I didn't want to completely delete them, they (in my opinion, are quite good reads. But of course I think they're good if I've written them. Meaning my opinion is biased. I am actually enjoying this little commentary. But it seems I need to stop now) are quite good.

Written May 26, 2009

"The Right Thing To Say"

Quotes that I find very appealing and true:
** It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more 'manhood' to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind.-- Alex Karras

Anyone can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success.-- Oscar Wilde

As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might.-- Marian Anderson

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.-- George Bernard Shaw

Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.-- Oscar Wilde

** Being vulnerable doesn't have to be threatening. Just have the courage to be sincere, open and honest. This opens the door to deeper communication all around. It creates self-empowerment and the kind of connections with others we all want in life. Speaking from the heart frees us from the secrets that burden us. These secrets are what make us sick or fearful. Speaking truth helps you get clarity on your real heart directives.-- Sara Paddison

** I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death.-- Robert Fulghum

Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.-- Ralph Marston** Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about. -- Author Unknown ** The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive.-- Orlando A. Battista

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.-- Erica Jong

Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.-- Author UnknownIf I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.-- Author Unknown

** I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.-- Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment