Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Parte II

Written November 2, 2008

"Untitled"

Sometimes I wonder why when we're young we're naive enough to believe in the perfect fairytale love. We are seemingly fearless and unbreakable, when when it's too late, you realize you were wrong. And all of a sudden, you are on the other side. The side of the invisible wall with everyone you hoped to prove wrong, to realize then they were just like you. And then watching with a bitterness at those who try for the first time with the same conviction, then the same result. There doesn't seem to be any time to question whether your first love took all the wonder and excitement of the concept of love of youth. And if broken hearts ever fully recover what you thought had been lost. So with the new fall season, am I ready to try again? I hope so since the world is catching up with me. There are other broken hearts, two incomplete pieces just enough to make a whole. One heart, our heart. Maybe it's not so much that the world is catching up to me as I am catching up to the world that was always here. I can start to smile for someone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment